Monday, May 7, 2012

Edmodo as a Classroom Website

Subject:  Language Arts
Grades:  10, 11, 12
Technology tools:  Computer(s)
Tools used:  Social media tool
Activity type:  Lesson, Teacher presentation, Assessment, Research

Since my mode of technology includes an online classroom atmosphere, most of my goals are met through the use of Edmodo.

I post PowerPoint notes for my students, weekly think questions, and even major assignments where students turn in their work. Additionally, I make use of polls for formative assessment so that I can gauge the students on their levels of understanding. Additionally, I have used Edmodo in conjunction with ExamBuilder so that students can take their summative assessments (that I once printed) online, and the computer will even grade the work for me.  :)

This particular web site is what makes my classroom easy to manage! The best feature is that I can organize all of my assignments for each class, and students have a calendar of events and due dates to help with their own organization. In my English classes, I don't use Edmodo as regularly, for all of my students do not have use of a computer at home. For this group, I post weekly vocabulary assignments where students have a week to complete the work; moreover, I will post reminders.



What I've enjoyed most about Edmodo for this group is that the research process has become much easier. I post attachments, links, and even embed pages that they might need complete their work, and I do not have to make copies or resend emails. material is available to them from any computer anywhere.

I would not change anything about using this website.  I've tried other sites before, but it is by far the most user friendly for both me and my students.

Rachael Moyer,  Hickory High

-------------------------------------------

Read more about using Edmodo in the classroom here.

No comments:

Post a Comment