Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Digital Day

Subject(s):  Math, Language Arts
Grade(s):  2
Technology tools:  Computer(s), LCD Projector, Document Camera
Tools used:  Video, Word processing
Activity type:  Lesson, Teacher presentation, Assessment

I used the computer, projector and document camera as my teaching assistant all day today. NO BOARD and NO MARKER! :)

From this:


to THIS:


Today, I used the computer and a simple PowerPoint presentation instead of the board and marker system that I have so been accustomed to using.  I changed everything over. The student's agenda and schedule, directions, work were on a PowerPoint presentation that helped guide clear and direct instruction today. The technology seemed to hold the student's attention because they remained engaged and could stay focused on the task at hand.

Assessment: I could allow students to self check work they answered questions, comments on target, etc.

GREAT day with technology!. Having what we have makes me want more! :) It opened the doors for my teaching and the learning and exploration for my students!

Susan Winkler,  Viewmont

No comments:

Post a Comment