Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Making Learning Engaging for ALL!



Subject(s):  Information Literacy
Grade(s):  K, 1, 2
Technology tools:  LCD Projector, Document Camera
Activity type:  Lesson


In working with the children in the self-contained K-2 class, my objective is always to have them be as physically involved as possible. This keeps them engaged.  I try to use music or something visual to hold attention and invite participation. This lesson involved comparison and contrast using the terms same and different.


Because all children love to touch things and see material projected, I decided that, since I don't have an interactive white board and these children are on the floor, I'd project the book I was using and lower the projector to a small, floor level white board.  It worked well.  The children were eager to answer questions and point to the illustrations that supported their responses.


Beth Shoffner,  Oakwood

No comments:

Post a Comment