Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Listening to the Students!


Susan Winkler, a 2nd grade teacher at Viewmont Elementary, recently received a document camera to use in her classroom. After the first week of using this technology tool to enhance instruction, Mrs. Winkler asked her second graders to share their thoughts about this new addition to their classroom.

Here are a few of their responses. :)



Savannah:
The document camera is great. It shows real life, we don’t have to see black and white anymore. The first day Mrs. Winkler turned it on and it was AWESOME. We can even take pictures of our work. We used it to read a story, do math problems, blending words and making contractions. It helps us a lot. It has changed our education!

Alondra:
I like the projector and the document camera because we can do our math in color and work together. We can also see the blocks that we use to help us do our math. We can see our reading book and follow along with Mrs. Winkler. The Ziggi shows us real-life things in 3-D which helps me learn!

Sage:
When I first saw it, I was amazed! I mean totally amazing, it’s super duper AWESOME. We are learning in the 21st Century!!

Samuel:
The document camera helps me get more education to be reading our books than sitting on the carpet and not know what page I am supposed to be on. I can see up close and it is much easier to see than the overhead or my teacher reading to me. I can learn much easier this way!  (The picture above was illustrated by Samuel.)

No comments:

Post a Comment