Monday, May 7, 2012

Revolutionary War Project

Subject:  Science
Grades:  9, 10, 11, 12
Technology tools:  Computer(s), LCD Projector
Tools used:  Interactive website, Communication tool, Collaboration tool
Activity type:  Lesson, Unit, Assessment, Tutorial

This technology integration allows me to address ALL of the curriculum goals in the NC SCoS (Coursesites is a Learning Management System)

 

I use the FREE version of Blackboard (www.coursesites.com) to post assignments, podcasts, course notes, and handouts for all of my science classes.  Links are provided in assignments and announcements (mini web pages I create) for external sites utilizing interactive technologies, practice quizzes, and other formative assessments. We have also used the discussion forum built into the site that allows ALL students to share in discussion.

Assessments have been created using Responsus, the built in test editor, testwizard.com, campbellbiology.com, and webassign.net.  Additionally, students can upload and submit their assignments digitally using the VIEW/SUBMIT ASSIGNMENT link in www.coursesites.com.




I would definitely use www.coursesites.com again. It is a GREAT LMS, and it is FREE for up to five classes.  The initial work is great, but it will allow me to "flip" my classroom and better meet the individual needs of my students in the classroom.

Gena Barnhardt,  Hickory High

No comments:

Post a Comment